Supporting the Department of Defense’s Reserve Health Readiness Program (RHRP), Optum United Healthcare (OUHC) had historically worked with another company to provide audiometric screenings every two years to military reservists. Then, a new mandate was issued, and OUHC was required to deliver four assessments every year – a 200% increase. It would be impossible to meet the new requirement with the single audiological care provider alone. OUHC, having relied on Solvere Health for mobile dental care, approached us to fulfill their commitment and remain compliant.
Even though Solvere Health had never offered audiometry services up to this point, OUHC was confident in our ability to build out the capability and deliver with the same excellence they had experienced partnering with us on oral health initiatives.
The timeframe was daunting – 180 days until launch. And, by that date, we were expected to deliver at a quality level equal to their other longtime, trusted audiometry partner.
We became a top audiological service provider to OUHC by standing up a brand-new practice area from nothing in less than six months
- 180 days from the first call with OUHC to care delivery
- We built the audiometry mobile fleet in 90 days
- We were able to immediately create infrastructure to cover the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions
- We provided care to 12,018 U.S. military reservists in 2021
- We became part of the gold standard in mobile audiological services
- OUHC referred to their other provider & Solvere Health as Providers 1 & 1A
- Since the initial challenge, in addition to CAOHC techs, we have added doctors of audiology, and we can treat hearing loss, not just test for it (making us only one of two mobile audiological care providers in the country that offer hearing loss treatment)