Ensuring that military reservists are health-ready is an essential and distinguished responsibility that often falls to State leadership. As the individuals accountable for meeting the health metrics of their State’s brave servicemen and women, their choice of an execution partner for group military health events carries immense weight—a decision with far-reaching consequences on soldiers’ ability to prepare optimally for active duty.
Making the Best Choice for Service Members
RHRP-3 has been firmly decided. However, State leadership may discover that the clinical, technical/reporting or fiscal standards outlined therein do not align with the military-readiness needs of the State’s service members:
- For example, the State may need group military health events to run for an extended day to offer a broader set of services to a greater number of service people (meeting a critical conversion target)
- Yet the RHRP-3 award may contain constraints and limitations to these specificities
- State leadership should look to a more appropriate State-direct (Guard-direct) provider to contract to the desired standard
- States also have particular requirements for data reporting and turnaround
State leadership is not limited to what has been preordained in the RHRP contract, and can cultivate its own program through a State-direct or Guard-direct request for proposal (RFP).
When evaluating their best partner, State decision-makers ideally want a group health event provider who already knows them. And because they already have delivered events to the State’s style and caliber, they have
- familiarity with the State’s event culture
- an understanding of their process standards
- a demonstrable track record of meeting their State’s requirements
- extensive boots-on-the-ground experience in targeted local areas
- an established rapport with service members
- an impeccable reputation with the communities attending evaluations
The best partners have worked hand-in-hand with leadership in the medical readiness trenches at each State installment.
Here’s an in-depth review of three evaluation factors State leadership cares most about:
1. Event Continuity
State-level military health decision-makers are concerned about group health event continuity. They proactively plan, identify, and prioritize the critical clinical services that will be immediately and eventually required to keep their State’s service people deployable. For example, dental screenings and audio diagnostics might be urgent, but follow-up in-clinic care is equally important.
Choosing a partner with comprehensive clinical capability, like Solvere Health, reduces the need to evaluate and install another provider as additional military health readiness needs arise. Solvere Health is an expert in delivering military group health events and is known for
- Periodic health assessments (PHAs)
- Dental and hearing screenings
- Managing hundreds of military group health events nationwide
- Delivering pre-deployment assessments (PHDA) and post-deployment health reassessments (PDHRA) via mobile medical units or pop-up clinics at military installations
- Providing secure technical infrastructure to support on-site data entry and processing for service member patients
- Post-event reporting of data and KPI achievement back to Command
2. Community Familiarity
An intuitive understanding of the military community is fundamental for successful, continuous military health events. The reservists undergoing periodic health assessments live in the State and the communities where the events occur. And there is comfort in working with providers familiar with the areas from which the service members hail.
After establishing a presence through hundreds of events, companies like Solvere Health develop personal relationships with the area’s reservists. Their military health delivery team knows individuals by face and name, seeing them off at deployment and welcoming them home afterward.
Other ways Solvere Health fosters community familiarity include:
- Developing personal relationships with reservists over years of group health events nationwide
- Hiring employees from the areas where the military health events take place
- Establishing local brick-and-mortar offices
- Being present for emergency relief deployments like damaging storms and floods in the area
3. Optimal Conversion
State leaders responsible for military health readiness have an urgent goal – to ensure military service personnel remains health-ready at all times. Those who are not must be converted. Known entities like Solvere Health offer confidence to decision-makers that their State’s reservists are mission-ready at a moment’s notice. With a documented history of delivering hundreds of successful group health events across the United States, the Solvere Health team is meticulous in creating an environment that facilitates optimal conversion.
RHRP is not your only option for military health readiness. Group health events are crucial to ensuring our military reservists are medically-ready. State leadership needs an execution partner who understands the importance of these events and has the experience to execute them flawlessly. Solvere Health has a proven track record of success in implementing military group health events and is a trusted, familiar presence nationwide. We are dedicated to supporting our military reservists and humbled to serve those who serve.
Make your next military health readiness event successful on your State’s terms; contact us today.